Manage and Grow Your Online Reputation by Aligning Audience Expectations with Actions
In business, your reputation is everything. Thanks to social media and review sites, you can build a great online reputation fast. There’s just one problem: the internet moves fast, and with a few missteps, you can hit rock bottom just as quickly as you rose to that coveted 5-star rating.
So what do you do when your online reputation is less than stellar? Partner’s Quest’s Online Reputation Management (ORM) service can help you stop, fix, and prevent public relations disasters, as well as protect and promote your brand. It is designed to delve deep into the world of social media, find mentions of your brand, and protect it against negative brand associations.
We develop custom strategies for dealing with disgruntled employees, sneaky competitors, or more serious customer service concerns. We are discreet and effective. Our work is usually split into brand or individual audits, as each has unique problems. No problem is too big, although you may not like what we find.
Top Online Reputation Concerns
All businesses are concerned about their reputation generally. When they call us, it’s often over a specific concern. The ones we hear about the most are:
- Negative Search Results. This was the number one online reputation management concern a few years ago and it still is today.
- Bad Ratings & Reviews. Bad online reviews and ratings from review sites like Yelp, Insider Pages, TripAdvisor, and many, many more have long been a concern of businesses.
- Complaint Sites. Many complaint sites exist to allow consumers who have been wronged to voice their concerns. Some are legitimate power to the people sites while others are complete shake-down artists. And in either case, being a caring organization that responds to complaints on these sites can actually help their SEO efforts, giving their rankings more prominence, and longer lasting power.
- Search Suggest and “Related To” Suggestions. Each search engine has its own variation of some kind of auto-search suggest feature and related searches that it places at the bottom of the search results. The auto suggestions have taken up even more real estate since Google’s switch to Instant, giving these suggestions even more prominence and lessening the impact of great organic rankings.
Components Of Online Reputation Management
ORM contains three active parts:
- Developing a plan
- Monitoring conversations
- Responding to negative and positive comments
You have to protect your domain and brand in the internet. It’s what would keep your business going and growing. Negative comments, blog entries, articles, or news press releases will definitely hurt you – sometimes permanently. You need to fight those back and guard your site and brand with reputation management.
If you currently have an ORM problem, our online reputation consultants can provide the tools you need to spot it and quietly remove it from search engines. If you’re lucky enough not to have a brand issue (yet), we’ll help keep you abreast of what’s being said out there about your brand.